A Victorian man tested positive for COVID-19 after flying from Sydney to Melbourne.
Acting Prime Minister James Merlino said the Oakley man in his 60s had been notified to the Ministry of Health that he had returned a positive test Thursday morning.
He returned to Melbourne on Sunday night after attending a social event on Saturday night at his daughter’s house in the Green Zone of Sydney at the time.
Late Tuesday night, the infected man became symptomatic and was tested on Wednesday.
Health Minister Martin Foley said health officials are working on the basis that men have more infectious delta variants that are spreading from so-called Bondi clusters.
In the light of Occurrence during occurrenceFrom 1 am on Friday, Victoria will make Greater Sydney and Wollongong the entire “Red Zone” under state permits.
Sydney Airport remains a green zone for passengers in transit, allowing people to go home.
“If you’re from Victoria and you’re in a red zone that goes into effect, not in the Victorian era, don’t dive into the red zone. You can’t get a red zone permit to enter Victoria,” Foley said. ..
“If you try to enter Victoria from the airport, you may be denied and will be sent back.”
Exposure sites are expected to be listed on Thursday, including a dry cleaner in Sandlingham, where men work.
Men live alone and have one major close relationship with their colleagues.
Merlino confirmed that the state will proceed with planned mitigation of COVID-19 restrictions, despite new incidents related to Sydney.
Earlier, Victoria identified one new case in major close contact associated with an outbreak at the Kings Park complex in Southbank.
The man was quarantined throughout the infection.
Three new infections were also detected among travelers returning to the hotel quarantine. It pushed the total number of active cases in the state to 52.
Over 22,800 test results were processed in the 24 hours to Thursday, and 17,800 Victorian people were vaccinated at the state hub.
That’s because treasurer Tim Pallas revealed that Victoria’s economy was hit by $ 1.3 billion during the recent blockade.
The Treasury estimates that the first week of the blockade, including the entire state of Victoria, will cost $ 700 million, and the second week of the metropolis of Melbourne will cost $ 600 million.
“Looking at the state’s contributions to the allocation, we’ve provided about $ 500 million worth of support during the two weeks,” Pallas said Thursday outside the legislature.