Bill O’Reilly managed to stop an upcoming interview with one of his whistleblowers on “The View.”
Andrea McCris’s appearance on Wednesday’s ABC Daytime Show O’Reilly Legal Team She has filed a temporary restraint order to prevent her from commenting on her allegations of sexual harassment more than a decade ago.
In 2004, Macris worked at Fox newsHas agreed to a $ 9 million settlement. The settlement had conditions that prohibited her from discussing the details surrounding the case.
O’Reilly’s legal team hastily submitted a TRO to a court in New York after the producer of “The View” contacted journalist lawyer Frederick Newman for a statement on McCris’s allegations.
Mackris recently Fox news Personality for The Daily Beast. She told the publication that she felt “there was no choice” other than agreeing to the settlement and signing a nondisclosure agreement.
According to O’Reilly’s legal team, her latest comment violated the deal. O’Reilly Lawyer, Stephen Silverberg, Submitted a petition On Tuesday, he said: [Mackris] Tomorrow, I will violate her legal obligations even more seriously and will broadcast live on national television. “
In a court document, O’Reilly’s legal team said McChrist’s “statements so far have already caused serious irrevocable harm.” In addition, she showed a clear intention to promote the harm as much as possible and to do so imminently. “
The judge approved the detention order that same day. The hearing following the TRO located at Mackris will be held on July 26th.
‘The View’ Postpones Interview With Bill O’Reilly’s Accuser Source link ‘The View’ Postpones Interview With Bill O’Reilly’s Accuser