Business

Queen’s Husband Prince Philip Moved, To Undergo Heart Tests: Palace

According to Buckingham Palace, Queen Elizabeth II’s 99-year-old husband, Prince Philip, left a private hospital in London on Monday and spent nearly two weeks undergoing a heart test and treatment at another hospital.

According to royal officials, Duke of Edinburgh was, as officially known, taken from King Edward VII’s hospital to the state-owned St. Bartholomew’s Hospital in London.

Doctors there added, “We will continue to treat his infection and test and observe existing heart disease.”

“Duke is comfortable and responsive to treatment, but is expected to be hospitalized at least until the end of the week.”

After feeling sick, Philip was admitted to King Edward VII’s hospital on February 16 with the advice of a doctor as a “precautionary measure.”





The ambulance will leave King Edward VII’s Hospital, where Queen Elizabeth’s husband, Prince Phillip, has been hospitalized since February 16.
AFPTV / Arman SOLDIN

However, the palace quickly pointed out that his hospitalization had nothing to do with Covid-19, and later stated that he was being treated for a private infection.

He and the Queen, 94, received their first Covid vaccine on January 9th because of their age. This puts them in one of the most vulnerable categories.

I left King Edward VII’s hospital late Monday morning and saw an ambulance passing by a bank of photographers and camera crews.

However, police vans (and colored windows in the ambulance) obstructed the view of who was inside the car leaving the rear entrance.

Umbrellas were also lifted to hide the gap between the ambulance and the hospital door.



The ambulance departs from the back door of King Edward VII's Hospital in central London, where Prince Philip of England, Prince Edinburgh, was staying after being hospitalized on February 16.


The ambulance departs from the back door of King Edward VII’s Hospital in central London, where Prince Philip of England, Prince Edinburgh, was staying after being hospitalized on February 16.
AFP / Tolga Akmen

Philip turned 100 on June 10, and he was said to be comfortable and responsive to treatment, but his already long hospital stay raised concerns because of his age.

His youngest son, Prince Edward, said last week that his father was “much better” and was looking forward to going home.

He thanked the general public for sending a message of support.

Last Monday, Philip’s grandson, Prince William, said the Duke was “ok” and was closely monitored by medical staff.

Two days ago, William’s father and Philip’s eldest son, Prince Charles, visited him at the hospital, but there were no comments since then.

Philip was able to enter the hospital without assistance when he was first hospitalized and arrived using private transportation rather than an ambulance, sources at the time said.

A former naval officer was treated at the same hospital in August 2012 after a recurrence of a bladder infection that lowered him during the celebration of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.

The previous year, he was stented after suffering from an occlusion of the coronary artery.

According to the hospital’s website, the Baht Heart Center is Europe’s largest specialized cardiovascular service.



Queen’s Husband Prince Philip Moved, To Undergo Heart Tests: Palace Source link Queen’s Husband Prince Philip Moved, To Undergo Heart Tests: Palace

Back to top button