Australia

NSW records 406 new local COVID-19 cases with Dominic Perrottet to decide on reopening plan

Two more $ 25 vouchers are available for all adults in New South Wales, and after a few months of blockade, outdoor dining will be available this summer with plans to boost the state’s hospitality industry. Included in the menu.

The popular Dine and Discover voucher program, used by 4.8 million people, has been expanded with two more $ 25 vouchers available in December. One is for meals and the other is for entertainment.

Thursday’s Premier Dominique Perotet said this would give the sector a big boost as people tend to spend more than $ 25.

“They were incredibly successful and popular, from Ballina to Balmain, from Byron to Broken Hill,” he said.

“People all over the state went out and used vouchers, and, importantly, spent more.

“It drives New South Wales economic activity. It brings people back to work.”

read more

The Prime Minister said the Dine and Discover program has cost the government $ 250 million, but so far has fired $ 500 million in ammunition at companies in the state.

Anyone who has not applied for a voucher can access the Service NSW app and get all six. This app will be available until June next year.

In addition, small bars and pubs that were exempt from installing tables and chairs on the sidewalk last summer will be allowed to continue it indefinitely under the government’s $ 66 million outdoor restart initiative.

“We want to bring life and laughter to the city during the summer,” Perotet said.

The government will also initially provide hospitality companies with a $ 5,000 grant to “accept outdoor meals” and “move inside and out.”

In addition, up to $ 500,000 will be available to subsidize the Council to improve High Street.

“I think these changes today will help us overcome this pandemic and keep our business prosperous during the summer,” Perotet said.

“I’m incredibly confident that it will bounce back powerfully here at NSW.”

Prime Minister Dominic Perrott and Treasurer Matt Keane will visit the Renaissance Patisserie and cafe owners Jean-Michel and Rocks.

sauce: SMH pool


Meanwhile, the state appears to be set to reach the COVID-19 vaccination milestone, which is twice 80% by the weekend. This will be faster than expected.

Perotet will meet with his seniors on Thursday to decide what new freedoms he can give him from Monday.

The next phase was not scheduled to begin until October 25th.

However, the government’s COVID-19 and the Economic Recovery Commission (formerly known as the Crisis Cabinet) could give a green light to regional travel given the low immunization rates in some local communities. Is low.

In areas such as Byron Bay on the north coast, 47% of the eligible adult population is double vaccinated, leaving the community vulnerable to potential outbreaks.

“These two dose rates raise concerns about the region’s state of New South Wales,” Perotet said Wednesday.

Pubs, restaurants, gyms and shops have been open to fully vaccinated people since Monday, when the state broke out of the blockade for nearly four months.

On the next stage, we could see up to 50 or 20 guests gathering at home, dancing at the hospitality venue and standing and drinking in the pub.



Place of originNSW records 406 new local COVID-19 cases with Dominic Perrottet to decide on reopening plan

Back to top button