Good morning, early bird. Residents of Greater Brisbane will know today whether the three-day snap blockade will be extended and the impeachment momentum. Donald Trump The second time I grew up on the weekend. That’s the news you need to know, Chris Woods..
Rewind the blockade?
Residents of Greater Brisbane today see if the three-day snapdown resulting from concerns over the UK’s COVID-19 stock will be extended. ABC reports that it is still in its infancy, starting with the exposure period of January 2-5, but is a community infection among a wider population or 122 of the 147 close contacts who received the results. Has not been detected.
The Queensland government has called for testing even potential asymptomatic contacts, and potential exposure after Victorian women tested positive for British variants in Maleny on the Sunshine Coast on Friday. The list of parts has been updated.
Other Australian COVID-19 updates today are:
- New South Wales has added several new locations to its list of exposed sites, including Costco Wholesale Kasla on Saturday, January 2, but the discovery of one new case related to the Avalon cluster lasted three weeks. Did not stop Northern Beach emerging from the blockade (Parent)
- Victorian Health Minister Martin Foley Counterattacked with Gladys Berejikrian Citing daily phone calls, preliminary warnings, and warnings when Victoria’s tough borders were decided, he said, “We need to discuss with us at NSW before closing the border.” (Sydney Morning Herald)
- A 37-year-old man who issued a COVID-19 warning after jumping from a bulk carrier in Albany, Western Australia, but was eventually negative, was arrested at a local backpackers hostel and ordered to quarantine. Indicted for violation (ABC)
- In the six months to January, a total of $ 5.9 billion was returned to 7.8 million workers by offsetting low and middle income taxes, according to new data compiled by the Australian Tax Office. (Sydney Morning Herald)However, efforts to spin an average of $ 760 as a plan to encourage spending have been somewhat weakened by the government, but this month also significantly reduced JobSeeker’s boost.
- Chief Medical Officer Paul Kelly While the (imported) Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is likely to be the first to be approved in Australia, most of the countries are domestic, easier to store and receive slightly less effective Oxford-AstraZeneca shots. Announced that it will be (ABC).
United States without rest
New York Times Report the momentum of impeachment Donald Trump Second growth on weekend with Democrats Ted Lieu An article on impeachment drafted by him and other members of the House of Representatives announced on Saturday that he had expressed support for more than 190 co-sponsors and two Republicans.
However, most Republican politicians remain silent on the issue, and seven Republicans are also calling. Joe Biden And Nancy Pelosi The group argues that impeaching the president, who urged the acquisition of Congress over election claims, is divisive and overly urgent, stopping the process.
Elsewhere, CNN reports sources claim Mike pence Not denying the invocation of the Twenty-Fifth Amendment, white supremacists and far-right militants have intensified their calls for violence prior to their inauguration. Trump’s adviser siege Capitol Hill to the president about the media story.
PS: Some of the work of these advisors seems to be done for them here in Australia. Sydney Morning Herald Allied lawmakers and regulators report calling for new social media regulations following Trump’s ban.
10 years of racial abuse
Finally, Parents Indian cricket veteran reports Ravichandran Ashwinn Cricket Australia and New South Wales Police began investigating racial slur allegations at SCG on both days 3 and 4, claiming he was a victim of abuse from the Sydney crowd. I will.
Did they really say that?
[On Twitter banning Donald Trump over “the risk of further incitement of violence”]: The right decision about the facts.
But Big Tech’s precedent for making decisions about who’s speech and which remarks are censored and suppressed is very offensive.
Such decisions should be made by publicly accountable bodies, based on transparent reasoning and principles.
As Sky News continues to accept white supremacists and election conspiracy theorists, Liberal lawmakers New public institution To confront the real danger: Twitter unilaterally banned anyone who caused the deadly siege.
read all about it
Family, friends of Indonesian plane crash passengers are waiting for news
Indigenous Voice Proposals Leave Room for Public Discussion ($)
Australian government facing class action proceedings in which an Indonesian boy was illegally imprisoned in an adult prison
“Very thinly spread”: Former intelligence director warns about foreign aid
Cheap gas is unrealistic, warns Origin Energy director Mick McCormack ($).
New turmoil at Christmas Island detention center due to “inhumane” conditions, supporters say
A man with an assault rifle charged with threatening Pelosi, officials say
Australia joins US, UK and Canada and criticizes Hong Kong for arresting democratic activists
The failure to respond to the Parliament riots shows a deep division of police force.
Israelis resume Netanyahu protests in third virus blockade
US lifts self-regulation with Taiwan
“Talking about decadence”: One of the reasons we’re so absorbed in what’s happening in Washington, DC— Tim Soutphommasane (Sydney Morning Herald): “The real decadence here is social. If recent events in the United States-the mob riots, the country’s dire response to the COVID-19 pandemic-were probably failing states elsewhere. You’re talking about a country. What kind of society and what kind of culture will destroy the world’s greatest power in this way? “
Trump apologizers discover their inner beliefs ($) — Peter Van Onselen (Australian person): “A group of Australian reactionary commentators regularly try to outperform each other. Playing cards They should be completely ashamed of themselves, which allows for dangerous political intolerance. Indeed, thanks to a mixture of stubbornness and ignorance, they do not show a piece of regret. “
Rebel Enablers Should Be Exiled — Jeet Hale (Country): “The repellent [Josh] Holy What we are currently receiving is providing a solution to one of the main problems of Playing cards Era: The immunity enjoyed by Trump’s accomplices, buddies, and enablers. The legal system is an imperfect mechanism for chasing Mr. Trump’s companions, as Mr. Trump was able to use the president’s authority to protect many of them from investigations and forgive those who violated the law. Has been proven. Roger Stone And Paul Manafort.. “
Keep front page
Place of originCrikey Worm: Under some strain