Some women choose a wardrobe based on its aesthetic appeal, and not its functionality, which can really be a double-edged sword. This is because some styles look very pretty and attractive, but don’t exactly suit someone’s body type or lifestyle.
Wardrobe planning will make your life easier by saving you time and effort in searching for the appropriate clothes and accessories. Planning also allows you to stock up on wardrobe must-haves–essential pieces of clothing that you can mix and match with other stylish items in your closet.
What Are Wardrobe Must-Haves?
Looking at your closet right now, do you like everything that you see? A well-planned wardrobe contains must-have items, which are basic pieces that can stand the test of time. These staples are important in every woman’s closet because they build a strong and reliable foundation for a stylish and functional wardrobe.
To create a wardrobe that you’ll love, you need to do the following:
- Define your personal style: Many factors influence personal style but the most important ones to consider are the type of work you do, your lifestyle, and your fashion inspiration.
- Declutter your closet: Choosing what to keep and give up is often the most tedious task in simplifying a wardrobe. However, removing the clothes and accessories that you don’t need helps you build a cohesive, stress-free wardrobe.
- Decide on your wardrobe essentials: Every woman’s closet should contain must-have pieces of clothing that go beyond fads and seasons.
Items That Every Woman Should Have In Their Closet
Every woman has different needs and wants when it comes to fashion, but these are must-haves that should be in every woman’s closet.
- A Nice Pair Of Jeans
You can never go wrong with the right pair of denim, which is why it’s always a wardrobe staple for women. A great pair of jeans will make you look good and feel good.
Also, a pair of stylish, well-fitting jeans can take you from day to night. You can wear it with white sneakers and your favorite shirt or dress it up with your favorite blouse and peep-toe pumps.
- A Comfortable Jacket
A sturdy but comfortable jacket should always be in a woman’s collection. The right jacket will keep you stylishly warm when you’re out and about.
There are different styles of jackets to choose from, so be sure to select one that suits your needs. For instance, a puffer jacket, also known as a quilted jacket, is a type of outerwear worn to keep you warm. A leather jacket, on the other hand, provides an edgy look to your outfit.
Choose a jacket that you feel comfortable wearing and suits your purpose.
- A Classic Blazer
A blazer will give you a bit of extra warmth during those cold winter days. A black blazer always looks sophisticated, so it’ll never be out of style. A colored blazer can be worn over a casual dress to give it extra style.
It’s best to choose a classic, elegant cut that can be worn over a variety of other clothing pieces.
- The Little Black Dress
A classic little black dress is an essential piece of clothing for every woman. The LBD is versatile and will never go out of style.
Choosing the right style for your body type allows you to wear your little black dress to the office or your night out with the girls.
- The Wrap Dress
Aside from the little black dress, a wrap dress is an important piece of clothing that every woman should have. Not only is a wrap dress flattering to every body type, but it’s also comfortable to wear.
Wrap dresses are very versatile as they can be worn from day to evening–you can wear them to the office, to a family gathering, or a lunch out with friends. With the right shoes and accessories, you can wear a wrap dress in a hundred different ways.
- A Flattering Top
You can find a blouse in every style–from sleeveless to halter-neck and even strapless. A crisp white shirt, for example, works as a blank canvass so it can be worn with a skirt, jeans, or shorts.
Another option is a silk blouse that can be worn with dress pants or vintage jeans. Whatever type of top you choose, be sure to find one that flatters your figure and your style.
- The Right Footwear
It’s a common notion that women don’t keep only one pair of shoes. When choosing what footwear to keep in your wardrobe, consider your lifestyle and work.
In general, women should have the following shoes in their wardrobe:
- Heels: A woman’s wardrobe cannot be complete without a pair of stylish heels. You can choose from classic pumps, statement stilettos, or neutral kitten heels. High-heeled boots can give any outfit a much-needed boost of style.
- Flats: These are essential footwear for women and, conveniently, there are casual options as well as elegant ones. A woman should never be without a great pair of flats!
- Sneakers: Sneakers are not reserved for athletic activities. In fact, you can wear sneakers with denim, a maxi dress, or culottes.
When purchasing your wardrobe essentials, make sure to buy from reputable stores and reliable brands. It’s always a good idea to invest in your wardrobe since it says a lot about your style and taste.
Also, buying cheap clothes and shoes doesn’t translate to savings. Unlike cheap ones, quality shoes and clothing items will last many years, so you get more value for your money.