Contents: 2021 ACIPC International Conference
When: November 8-10, 2021
2021 Australian University of Infection Prevention and Management (ACIPC) International Conference Due to the ongoing pandemic of COVID-19, it will be held online from November 8th to 10th, 2021.
The conference brings together experts working in the fields of infection prevention and control to discuss the discoveries and advances in practices, education and research that help prevent and control infections in the community.
The conference features an impressive array of invited national and international speakers, panels, oral presentations, poster presentations and thematic sessions.
The confirmed topics are:
- Epidemiology of Health Care Infections (HAI) in Australia
- Global trends in infection prevention and control
- Lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic
- Prevention of vascular catheter-related bloodstream infections
- Outbreak of acute care
- The role of air conditioners in COVID-19 infection
- Lessons learned about COVID-19 infection in the acute care environment
- Use of PPE when supply is restricted
- The value of genomics at the time of occurrence
- Zero patient identification: Genome sequencing combined with hospital epidemiological data
- Use of portable air purifiers to reduce aerosol infections in COVID-19 wards
- Alcohol-based finger-rubbing discrimination: trend and efficacy assessment
- Environmental risks in transmission
- Feasibility of Bluetooth Low Energy wearable tags to quantify close network of healthcare professionals and close patient contact
- Effectiveness of UV C radiation against bacteria, fungi and coronavirus
For speaker and presentation topics, please visit: www.acipcconference.com.au..
The conference will also feature theme sessions for elderly care, office-based care, and immunization, each of the three days.
Infection prevention and management in homes and long-term care facilities
- Infection prevention and management challenges in elderly care
- Facility risk management IPC planning
- Create a facility outbreak management plan
- Infection Prevention and Management Resources for Residential Elderly Care Facilities
- Outbreak experience in elderly care
- Risk-based approach to staff health and safety
Infection prevention and management in office-based practice
- “Returning to the Basics” Basic Principles of Microbiology and Infection Prevention and Management
- Regulatory obligations, guidelines, standards
- Hand hygiene in office-based practices
- Cleaning and disinfection of the environment
- Aerosol production procedures in aseptic technique, PPE, and podiatry and dental care
- Audit of infection prevention and management in office-based practices and retrospectives
- Equipment cleaning and reprocessing in office-based practices
Day 3 Immune Workshop
- Vaccine program at a long-term care facility
- Vaccine program in the hospital
- Toward the introduction of the influenza vaccine directive
- Influenza vaccination essential for healthcare professionals
For more information on the entire program and registration, please visit: www.acipcconference.com.au..
2021 ACIPC International Conference returns this November Source link 2021 ACIPC International Conference returns this November